Today some of the team are completing their first aid training. The course covers the full EFAW Emergency at work syllabus.
They are covering lots of areas including:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious casualty
- Carry out resuscitation on a casualty who is not breathing or not breathing properly
- Know how to treat a casualty who is choking
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Be able to recognise and deal with a wide range of common injuries until the arrival of medical care
- Maintain records
- Use and maintain first aid kits.
By the end of the day they will have covered all the above and will be prepared for any emergency that may occur.